“First and foremost, THANK YOU so much for your excellent program yesterday. We loved it, and the students did too! I know having virtual programming is not ideal, but you guys truly rocked it! Our Counseling Center staff really thought it was excellent too.”Lauryn Moore, Director of New Student Programs, Utica College
why book a shot of reality for a virtual program?
The number one alcohol awareness program in the country, A Shot of Reality, is presented by two professional comedians. This unique program has performed for the US NAVY/ARMY and hundreds of colleges. The program’s success is due to its combination of comedy and interactivity as a foundation for building education and knowledge about a serious topic.
The presenters have a realistic, interactive discussion about the destructive and deadly consequences of alcohol abuse, assault, DUIs, health issues, and more. This program was created by health professionals, local police, and members of various alcohol rehab programs. A Shot of Reality is a fresh take on a popular topic and is many schools’ favorite program to satisfy alcohol awareness training, especially for orientation.
And now we can bring SOR to you virtually! The pandemic may have stopped your students from normal socializing, but it has also created a mental health crisis that could lead to binge drinking. A Shot of Reality wants to make sure your students are safe and informed, at home or at school, in an audience or in front of a computer. If you’re looking for the best way to educate your students on responsible behavior when encountering alcohol, this is it.
- Ways to stay safe while drinking
- Not mixing drugs and alcohol
- Not mixing energy drinks and alcohol
- Knowing how carbonation speeds up the effects of alcohol
- How alcohol works in your body
- Absorption rate
- How long it takes to process alcohol
- How it affects your brain
- How it affects your organs
- The stages of how alcohol consumption affects a person
- Social Media
- How drunk behavior can affect your future
- How drunk behavior can affect your relationships
- Alcohol Abuse
- Binge Drinking – what it is and how it can hurt you
- How to know if you are at risk for alcoholism
- How to evaluate if someone has alcohol poisoning
- How to babysit a drunk person.
- Drunk Driving
- Dangers – to yourself and others
- Cost of DUIs
- How to keep a friend from drunk driving
- The link between alcohol consumption and assault
- How to prevent sexual assault
- No means no, drunk means no
- The laws regarding alcohol and sexual assault
- Adam’s Law and sexual assault