*We have multiple teams touring. If you are interested in a date that appears to be booked, please contact us for team availability!
“A Shot of Reality had our students (and me!) rolling in side splitting laughter, but also learning helpful tips to make safe decisions related to alcohol. Many students came up to me or RAs to tell us how much they enjoyed it — which is saying a lot of an alcohol education program!” Donna Lee Sullins, Dalton State College
why book a shot of reality?
A Shot of Reality is an alcohol awareness show created out of serious, painstaking research, but performed by two professional comedians making these topics accessible and engaging. Covering multiple facets of responsible alcohol use, the show keeps students engaged with a powerful combination of levity and realistic discussion. This is many schools’ favorite program to satisfy alcohol awareness training, especially for orientation.
A Shot of Reality has been performed all over the United States…and Texas. If you’re looking for the best way to educate your students on responsible behavior when encountering alcohol, this is it.
seamlessly blends improv comedy, audience participation, and education
a comedic approach keeps the audience engaged and entertained while they're learning
works well in conjunction with new student orientation, greek life programming, and campus alcohol awareness programs
- Ways to stay safe while drinking
- Not mixing drugs and alcohol
- Not mixing energy drinks and alcohol
- Knowing how carbonation speeds up the effects of alcohol
- How alcohol works in your body
- Absorption rate
- How long it takes to process alcohol
- How it affects your brain
- How it affects your organs
- The stages of how alcohol consumption affects a person
- Social Media
- How drunk behavior can affect your future
- How drunk behavior can affect your relationships
- Alcohol Abuse
- Binge Drinking – what it is and how it can hurt you
- How to know if you are at risk for alcoholism
- How to evaluate if someone has alcohol poisoning
- How to babysit a drunk person.
- Drunk Driving
- Dangers – to yourself and others
- Cost of DUIs
- How to keep a friend from drunk driving
- The link between alcohol consumption and assault
- How to prevent sexual assault
- No means no, drunk means no
- The laws regarding alcohol and sexual assault
- Adam’s Law and sexual assault