who is c.l. lindsay?
In 1998, attorney C.L. Lindsay III left his practice in New York City to found the Coalition for Student & Academic Rights (CO-STAR). Since then, acting as its Executive Director, he has built CO-STAR into a national student rights organization that helps thousands of college students with their legal problems, free of charge, each year. C.L. is a nationally-recognized expert and leader in the field of student rights and academic freedom. He literally wrote the book on legal problems at colleges. The College Student’s Guide to the Law has become the definitive authority used by students, university counsel, and as a textbook for master’s and law courses nationwide. He graduated magna cum laude from Denison University and received his J.D. from the University of Michigan. In his spare time, he teaches courses in law and literature at the University of Pennsylvania.
why book college, covid, & the law?
- How liability waivers work
- The legality of mask mandates
- Social distancing rules (and schools’ ability to enforce them with punishments like expulsion or removal from housing—spoiler alert they totally can)
- Workers rights for students who might be returning to a job
- Navigating the professor/student relationship in the time of Covid
- Maintaining and protecting their online personas
- And more!