virtual programs for colleges
From previous conversations, we know the needs on campus are all over the board and want to work with you to find solutions that fit yours. Many are moving to virtual learning spaces. If you are one looking to support your students by programming virtually, know that we have programs already set up and ready to go for these performers:
angie keilhauer: singer/songwriter
Angie Keilhauer can do a live-streamed all-request show for your next virtual coffeehouse event! Angie’s expansive song catalog allows her to perform just about any song that you can request. After the show, Angie can host a Q&A where students can inquire about her experience on The Voice, her several performances on prime time television, and the single she released with Jordan Fisher (off the Moana soundtrack) for Walt Disney World.
ashlee haze: poet
Check out all of Ashlee Haze’s workshops that can be done virtually:
- Emotional safety & the art of connection
- Coping Mechanism: a writing and release workshop
- The fundamentals of art as business
- 5-7-5: The Art of Haiku
- Effective Communication
- Courage and ethics for artists
- Creative project management
c.l. lindsay: speaker
- Sex & the Law: Meets all Title IX requirements and will ensure that your students understand how the law applies to the more sordid parts of their lives. Click HERE to see his video!
- Alcohol, Parties, & the Law: At some point every college student will be in a situation where their friends are making bad and potentially illegal decisions. This program prepares them and their friends to make better decisions.
- Social Media, Technology, & the Law: Designed to make sure your students understand the potential pitfalls of being careless online. Click HERE to see his video!
- Campus Free Speech: Will give your students a working knowledge of how the 1st amendment operates on public/private campuses including strategies and the best practices for real world situations.
- Hazing & the Law: Addresses the culture that perpetuates hazing and give strategies—via ethical leadership—to eliminate it on your campus.
carlos andrés gómez: poet & speaker
Description: Join Carlos Andrés Gómez (Poet, Author, & Educator) for this hour-long session focused on innovative ways to virtually connect with and engage marginalized students during this unprecedented moment.
As many sectors of the world grind to a halt, marginalized students’ needs do not—instead becoming only more urgent and even intensified. So what do we do? How can we ensure that we remain responsive to them during this difficult time?
This virtual gathering is focused on problem-solving, idea-sharing, and finding positive solutions to the shared concerns and challenges of navigating this new normal.
(A great program idea for student leaders, educators, staff, and administrators at both the high school and college level.)
- Getting Through: Finding Community in Isolation
Description: Join Carlos Andrés Gómez (poet, author, educator) for this interactive session in which he shares innovative ways to connect with and engage students virtually.
With pressure building each day to find ever innovative and creative ways to serve students studying remotely, this session will be focused on ways to keep students motivated and supported. Carlos will offer tangible strategies about how to build community while social distancing, as well as ideas to counteract the growing loneliness of a widespread shutdown.
(Highly recommended for all college and high school student leaders, educators, staff, and administrators.)
- Reimagining Gender: Beyond socialized roles, beyond the binary
- Our Intersecting Selves: Diversity, identity. equity, & inclusion
- Writing Through: Storytelling toward social justice
- Tailored workshop for your school
- Carlos can also host a virtual open mic/coffeehouse/campfire conversation as part of his programming options.
- The Hook Up: Unpacks the practice of hooking up & differentiates between healthy hook-ups, regretted hook-ups, & sexual assault.
- U Got This!: Highly engaging, interactive, even fun program that changes students’ attitudes and encourages bystander intervention.
- Report = Support!: Converts Title IX compliance mandates into a relatable and engaging virtual conversation for the employee user.
- Sex Signals: A unique combination of improvisational comedy, education, and audience participation that provides a provocative, in-your-face look at issues surrounding dating, sex, and date rape on college campuses. Explores how mixed messages, gender role stereotypes, and unrealistic fantasies contribute to misunderstandings between the sexes.
- Say What?!: Students are a diverse group of people, not only in their character and opinions, but also in their gender, race, ethnicity, age, and abilities. Does your institution consider diversity and inclusivity to be important? Are your educators creating a welcoming and safe space for their students? Do your students know how to have an open, yet respectful dialogue? Catharsis Productions can help you create a respectful environment and an inclusive culture where everyone loves to work, study, and prepare for a professional environment. They use humor, interactive talk, and exercises to create an impactful and meaningful learning environment for all participants. Say What?! utilizes research from psychology and adult learning theory mixed with real world discussion and examples of cultural differences happening around us.
- Beat The Blame Game: Designed to be the reality check that interrupts desensitization. It actively engages audiences into a candid dialogue about why there is a deep-seated, often self-protective need to blame victims, and dismantles the false logic behind those beliefs. The program highlights not only how victim-blaming arguments lack any moral center, but also how to respond effectively to those arguments when you hear them being made by others.
christopher carter: mentalist & speaker
- Freaky Mind Games: Students and staff will experience an interactive “mind-reading” demonstration, followed by Christopher teaching them some of the skills he uses to pull it off. Viewers will also learn about advanced memory techniques, body language, and observation skills. In the end, participants learn how to present a few “freaky mind games” of their own.
- The Credibility Advantage: Body language and communication skills are critical for career success! Professional presence is all about communication, especially our non-verbal communication. In this program, Christopher teaches participants the body language and conversational skills that convey an image of competence and credibility in the workplace, during job interviews, and in video conferencing.
clint pulver: leadership speaker
Clint offers 3 unique programs:
“it’s time!” (orientation program)
“You never get a second chance to make a first impression.”
Clint will bring the WOW factor to your freshmen student orientations in a way that will create the excitement, peace of mind, and empowerment every freshman needs to begin their college journey. This incredibly moving and thought-provoking keynote focuses around the first-year experience and increasing student retention and involvement. For three years Clint worked in higher education as an orientation leader and school ambassador. He understands how to take an audience on the college journey that sets them up for success and academic excellence. This keynote will educate, engage, and certainly ENTERTAIN!
“the significant student leader” (student leadership program)
“It’s not about being the best in the school, it’s about being the best FOR the school”. In this hilarious and incredibly impactful keynote, Clint explains that there is a difference between being a successful student leader and a significant student leader. Clint shows the SIGNIFICANT role of student leadership with actionable steps on how to facilitate and achieve the best results from those they work with. Clint spent 7 years in student leadership throughout high school and college, and graduated from The Center for the Advancement of Leadership in UVU’s nationally ranked leadership program with high distinction. Having this background allows Clint to speak from an area of understanding and experience that kids connect with and relate to.
“how to live a life by design” (career preparation program)
“What are you going to do when you graduate?” This is one of the most frequently asked questions that high school students are asked. Unfortunately, studies show that only 20% of students have a clear plan of what their life will look like after high school. This keynote is the one-stop-shop to helping teens get their life “on path” and “on purpose”. This keynote is full of powerful stories, humor, and actionable ideas that help teens to discover their passions, get specific on their goals, and learn how to identify their purpose in life. Clint will reveal that the secret is learning how to live a life by design instead of by default, and that the choices you make today plant the seed for tomorrow’s opportunities.
daniel martin: magician
“Innovative and engaging, Daniel Martin’s Magic Night In was exactly what my student board was looking for and raised the bar for virtual programming. The professional camerawork combined with the interactive chat/Q&A immediately elevated this program above our other virtual offerings for the semester. Would recommend and do again!”Richard Mahler Florida Atlantic University
- Magic Night In: Students & staff will spend over an hour with Daniel online as he teaches them some of the most amazing magic that they can do with items they have around them in their home.
With people across the country stuck indoors, who says the party has to stop? Virtual parties are trending more and more, and what better addition to the fun than a caricature artist? @nge!’s Virtual Party Digital Caricature act unites art, humor, and a festive flavor to any event.
A Zoom-enabled experience allows you to bring the laughter and style of talented digital caricature artists to your digital celebration.
Guests can be brought into the Caricature room 5-20 at a time to get have their drawing done. Each drawing takes about 5-7 minutes. Images are printable and post-able! JPG files are stored in a party exclusive Dropbox and immediately available for download.
- 7-10 people/hour, full-color caricatures
- Limit of 100 per party
- Can be themed to event
- Dropbox created for storage for 2 weeks for download
Nationwide drive-in movies have been coming back and popping up even in the midst of this pandemic. As things start to open up and come back together, Drive-In movies are a great ‘safe’ way to bring people together in the comfort of their own car, but still together as one community, united! We are offering some specials and alternatives to maybe fill in the gap of some events that have had to cancel or be postponed.
ebony stewart: poet
Check out all of Ebony Stewart’s workshops that can be done virtually:
- Let’s talk about sex
- Sex, love & above
- How do you woman?
- Get free
Option 1: Tommy Bennetti, a local crime boss, has hired you to discover the identity of two shooters who committed a mob hit at his club last Tuesday. Tommy’s tech guy has hacked into the police database to give your group access to all the collected evidence. Your group has to sort through all the evidence before the cops trace the connection back to Tommy. The evidence can be accessed online in groups or individually and teams will have access to group chats if team members are not in the same location. All clues are delivered electronically and players can participate from anywhere with a laptop or tablet. For the duration of the game, players will have access to select mob members via chat to answer any questions as they sift through the evidence.
Option 2: The Exit Files is a difficult game of puzzle mastery. Players will complete remotely or in person in teams of up to 10 players, with a maximum of 15 teams at once (150 players at time). Remote players will be placed in a Zoom videoconferencing room so they can communicate with their teammates. Game masters will be available for hints and to check on players during the game. Some of the puzzles are easy, some are difficult. Can your team solve the puzzles and win your Uncle’s fortune?
It was a strange day when you received an email from your eccentric uncle. Uncle John was a game designer who became very wealthy but kept to himself. Nobody in the family had seen him in years. His email said:
I have decided to head to the east and reinvent myself. But I have watched you from afar. Of all of my relatives, you are one of the smartest and most deserving. But, I want to see how resourceful you have become.
As you probably know, I like puzzles and games. I have created a series of very difficult puzzles for you to solve remotely. I call these puzzles, The Exit File. Should you complete the puzzles, I will wire a significant amount of money into your personal bank account. If you fail, I will send the money to charity.
You have one hour from the moment you log in to complete the challenge. Everything you need in the included PDF file or on the web pages you will discover.
If you have a printer handy, you may want to print pages 3 and 4. You can also use the jpg files to open them in photoshop or paint on your computer.
My associates, Mr. Jones and Mrs. Smith, will be available to help you. They will check in on you to review your progress.
Start now. I think you can do it.
evan struck: speed painter
Students & staff will spend over an hour with Evan Struck tuning in live to his virtual Speed Painting Show. Viewers will get to experience his personal studio and watch him create stunning paintings that they will have the opportunity to win! Students will get the chance to ask questions and put in requests on what they want to see painted live. Evan will also give a unique demo on what goes into his painting style. Concluding the online show, three lucky winners will win paintings that Evan will ship directly to their homes.
goli gabbay: health & wellness speaker
- From Stress to Serenity: Participants learn hands-on practices to relieve stress/anxiety and have a transformative experience of deep relaxation, calm, and well-being.
- Let’s Save the Earth: Learn about the most effective ways to reduce your impact on the global environment and improve your health and well-being.
greg baird: lgbtq speaker
still out and proud
Join Greg R. Baird (LGBTQ lecturer, educator, storyteller, and social activist) for this interactive session in which he hosts an hour of reconnecting LGBTQ students, allies, and advisors through conversation and Q&A on what to do now that your LGBTQA connection on campus has been shut down. How do I rediscover my community & support that I had on campus? How can I get involved with the LGBTQ community during this pandemic? How can I find support and still build those relationships with my organization? How can I still celebrate Pride virtually?
A 60-minute inclusive, interactive program + audience Q & A
The virtual gathering will engage LGBTQA students to feel motivated, supported and find creative ways to not feel isolated
The Zoom experience will allow a feeling of community and connection that has been lost during the Covid-19 pandemic
The virtual gathering will help in problem solving and idea sharing for themselves and their LGBTQIA group for when the campus opens again
How to celebrate Pride now that many summer festivals and celebrations have cancelled. Make your own online event and share your pride
Disarming Hate & Bigotry: Building an Accepting & Inclusive Community
Now coming to a computer screen near you! Community, acceptance, and inclusion are now more important in our country than ever. This multi-media lecture will discuss and engage the audience on hate & bigotry in our community, schools, work, and the internet. Greg will also have a conversation about the shooting at Pulse Night Club on June 12, 2016, that left 49 dead and 53 injured. This will also include a short film directed and edited by Greg titled “2:02 A.M.” The lecture will share how we can be proactive to heal, educate and embrace inclusion. This is a very important and timely lecture. Your audience will remember this presentation long after it’s over.
jacob williams: comedian
- A 60-minute interactive stand-up comedy show + audience Q & A
- MC-ing student events including talent shows and open mics
- Running an interactive improv workshop with improv games from Wild ‘N Out and his training at various comedy theaters including Second City, UCB, and the Magnet Theater.
marcus monroe: comedy juggler
Join Marcus Monroe in a 30-minute comedy juggling show followed by:
- Interactive Juggling Workshop (Learn how to juggle fast!)
- AMA: Ask Marcus Anything! A modern Q and A with Marcus to answer all your burning questions. Hopefully, not literally.
myq kaplan: comedian
nerdology: game show
Think you know a lot about a lot? Are you the one who always seems to have the answers to your friends’ questions about pop-culture, video games, and comic books? Do you rarely need to google stuff? Then Nerdology is the perfect show for you! This program is an interactive pop-culture trivia show. A mix of awesome games and trivia interspersed with fun audience participation. Come play! Win prizes! Test your knowledge! Zoom rooms are limited to 100 people but can be done in 2 sessions if you have more than 100 people sign up for the event.
phillip-michael scales: singer/songwriter
“Perfect quarantine Friday night. We will have to work on getting you to campus once the world re-opens. Your music is great, and I’m so glad we had the chance to share it with some of our students event under changed circumstances.”University of Evansville
Phillip-Michael Scales is an artist out of Nashville by way of Chicago. His sound is best described as Dive Bar Soul as he blends Indie Rock storytelling with the passion of the blues. He has taken his engaging live show online while still delivering a genuine, heartfelt show with top sound quality. Oh yeah, did we mention he’s B.B. Kings Nephew?
rachel sheerin: speaker
Check out all of Rachel’s workshops and programs that can be done virtually:
1. Resume writing for success
2. Build an awesome LinkedIn profile + getting noticed professionally online
3. Crushing the Job Hunt: How to apply, rock an interview and get a job you love
4. Video Star: How to set up, show up and be your awesome self in online videos
5. Positive Perspectives: How to retrain your brain for happiness and how to influence others around you
6. Rockstar Leadership 101: A bootcamp for young leaders who want to make a big difference in their world
7. Money Isn’t Scary: Empower your money mindset and get comfortable gaining wealth in your life
8. Tough Times: How to handle stress, change and the unknown in your world, life and self
1. Mentorship Bootcamp: How to build + launch an effective mentorship program
2. An Expert’s Guide to Awesome Virtual Communication: How to be as awesome working-from-home as you are in real life
3. Leadership, Trust and Crisis: How to manage teams through rapidly changing events, goals and structure
4. Superpowers for Service: How to be a superhero for your students, team and organization
5. Asking for Greatness: How to ask for what you want, get it and feel good
6. Expectations + Boundaries: How to set them, mind them, and communicate them to your students, peers and leadership
7. From Good To Great: Building team and internal relationships full of trust, respect and understanding
8. Hiring Happy: How to attract, hire, train and keep great team members and leaders!
9. How to Say NO with a Smile: A lesson for chronic over-helping, over-committing, burned out education professionals
10. Mindset of Greatness: How to train your brain to self-motivate, self-energize and self-care
11. Creating an Incredible Event in the Virtual Space: Learn the best tools, tips, and event design strategies to make your virtual meetings, gatherings and events awesome and engaging
12. Impactful Presentations: How to deliver content, engage audiences and make viewers FEEL in the virtual video space.
13. Working From Oh-NO: How to manage the transition to Work From Home in stressful times with your campus
14. Digital Do’s and Don’ts: Your guide to best practices, etiquette, and misunderstandings online
ryan conner: comedian
Ryan Conner has been doing stand-up for 16 years, and headlining colleges for 14 of those years. He’s been answering questions for much longer than 16 years. And he’s been meeting and greeting people ever since he was born. Leave it to a quarantine to make him realize it was time to combine those three things.
Here’s the deal:
Have Ryan perform virtually for your school. Any platform will do. He can make the background some random thing at your school, you could get a peek into his home, or he could put the red wedding behind him – he’s down for whatever. After a full headlining set, comes the Q&A and virtual meet-and-greet. Students can ask Ryan about stand-up, MTV’s Ridiculousness and TruTV’s Billy on the Street (among other show’s he’s written for), The Late Late Show and Last Comic Standing (shows he’s performed on, among others), writing in general, screenwriting, basketball, whatever they want.
Ryan is also happy to talk to any students who are interested in getting into comedy. Let’s do this.
sean bott: mentalist
Brain Break: In the unpredictable upheaval campuses are experiencing right now, students need a way to pause the disconnection and stress that is everywhere currently. They need something a bit like things used to be. They need a break.
In the live stream show, Brain Break, comedy mind reader Sean Bott will give your students just that. Your students will experience a 30-minute mentalism show featuring their thoughts, dreams, experiences, and humor, followed by a 15-minute toolset breakout session. This breakout session will cover empirically-supported self care and empathy skills, helping viewers to remember how to thrive in adversity.
This highly interactive, hilarious, mind-bending experience is a perfect way to help your students feel seen, heard, and that they matter. From customized mind reading to learning a few powerful self care and connection techniques, your students will leave with a shared group experience, great stories, and a sharpened toolset. Students will be able to address Zoom fatigue and isolation, as well as renewed energy to face an ever-changing world.
sungbeats: beatboxer & live looper
Learn how to beatbox with beatbox champion SungBeats! He will provide an interactive workshop/lesson where your students will learn the basics of beatboxing. Your students and staff will have a blast learning basic drum sounds, vocal scratching, and sound effects in a way that is relatable and fun. SungBeats will also showcase a custom tailored beatbox song just for your school.
the stress test
The Stress Test was developed to break the stigma of mental health awareness on campus, and facilitate a custom conversation about mindfulness, mental health, & self-care.
From Day 1, The Stress Test has reinforced the mantra “You Are Not Alone” from campus to campus. Now, more than ever, that message rings true, and we have adapted and reacted to the current climate to offer smaller, more targeted Student Leader Sessions.
Student Leader Sessions:
Due to current circumstances, many Student Leaders are left feeling without purpose. Organizations & groups have been forced to cancel due to social distancing. The Stress Test is offering workshop sessions for Student Leaders to guide them in disseminating information and resources to their peers.
Through online meeting platforms, resources will be shared on topics such as:
- Short Term & Long Term Goal Setting
- Self- Care
- Facilitating Conversations with those in need.
- Beneficial Reference Material (YouTube Channels, Podcasts, Books)
Student Leader Sessions are customized and tailored to each campus, as needs are unique to each location. Our main objective during this unique time is to provide students with a sense of purpose, the tools to grow and the resources to share with their peers.
virtual casino night
Guests can join a Blackjack, Roulette, Craps game or a Money Wheel tale remotely and play with colleagues, clients or friends while interacting with a live dealer. Each player is given the same amount of starting chips to begin. They start to play at the table of their choice and can even move from one table to the other to try different games during the event. At the end, we can total up the chip count for each person to determine your winners.
We use a blended model with a proven online technology and a live table and dealer to recreate the casino night experience for remote guests to play anywhere they would like. We work with you, the client, to set up the casino night and make sure you have the right combination of tables for the best experience for your guests. You can have one or more casino tables including blackjack, roulette, or the money wheel and even craps (venue rental required for craps) with fun engaging dealers. Our Pit Boss will manage the evening and make sure everyone gets on a table and has a great time. Virtual Casino Nights last about 1 hour.
- Private experience in the comfort and safety of your home.
- Allows a community to dance together in social distance.
- Glowers can interact with Virtual Glow and colleagues, bringing your community closer together.
- Live DJs are behind a full size visual production with real tour grade equipment and lighting designers, just as in our physical experiences.
Shuffle Up and Deal. Rent our Virtual Poker!
Leveraging two proven technologies we are able to recreate the poker experience for remote guests so they can play from home, office or anywhere they would like. We work with you, the client, to design individual poker table games or set up a Texas Hold’em tournament structure. We go over the logistics with you and can roll it out to your team. Our Pit Boss then manages the flow and timing of the game or tournament.
If you book a tournament, we condense tables as players are knocked out and we help you work toward setting the final table in a 1-2 hour time frame. For individual poker games, we can end the game after 1 hour and determine a winner for each table. Our two tiered software approach allows up to 100 guests to play or watch a tournament, including the final table, when we crown the big winner!
These activities will be drop-shipped to you.